John’s Crazy Socks has introduced a series of Animal Rescue Socks to celebrate and promote the rescue and adoption of dogs and cats. To support pet rescue, the Company will donate 10 percent from the sale of the Animal Rescue Socks to North Shore Animal League America, the world’s largest no-kill rescue and adoption organization.
John Cronin, co-founder and Chief Happiness Officer at John’s Crazy Socks said, “I love dogs and it is so important that we raise awareness about the importance of rescue and adoption. I am so happy we could make these Animal Rescue Socks and that they will benefit North Shore Animal League America.”
“We were so excited when John’s Crazy Socks approached us with this fun, generous partnership idea,” said Diana Zaferiou, VP, Strategic Development Partnerships, North Shore Animal League America. “John’s Crazy Socks and Animal League America are both Long Island based organizations with a mission to spread happiness.”
John’s Crazy Socks has created a collection of five Animal Rescue Socks:
- Three knit socks for dogs, cats and animal rescue
- Two printed socks, one each for cats and dogs
There are also Animal Rescue Gift Packs available. The socks sell for $13.99 each and 10 percent of the sale goes to the North Shore Animal League America. The socks are only available at the John’s Crazy Socks website.
Said pet lover, Ginny Green, “I love how cute these socks are.”
Mark X. Cronin, John’s co-founder and father, said, “North Shore Animal League America does such great work. They have saved over 1.1 million animals from euthanasia and place more than 18,000 pets in loving homes each year. They bring such joy to the world. We consider ourselves grateful for the opportunity to support their work especially as both of us are Long Island based.”
John says, “Pets make people so happy and rescuing pets is so important. My brother Jamie adopted his dog, Arlo, this past Christmas and I see how much happiness that Arlo has brought to my brother.”
John’s Crazy Socks has a mission to spread happiness. A social enterprise, John’s Crazy Socks is committed to showing what people with differing abilities can achieve. John is not only an award-winning entrepreneur, but he also has Down syndrome. More than half their employees have a differing ability. John and Mark are frequent speakers on the importance of inclusion and fierce advocates for the rights of people with disabilities having testified before Congress twice and spoken at the United Nations.
About North Shore Animal League America
North Shore Animal League Americahas saved more than 1.1 million animals. As the world’s largest no-kill rescue and adoption organization, we understand that a rescue isn’t complete until each animal is placed into a loving home. Our innovative programs provide education to reduce animal cruelty and advance standards in animal welfare. We reach across the country to rescue animals from overcrowded shelters, unwanted litters, puppy mills, natural disasters and other emergencies and find them permanent, loving homes. www.animalleague.org
About John’s Crazy Socks
John’s Crazy Socks was inspired by John Lee Cronin, a young man with Down syndrome, and his love of colorful and fun socks—what he calls his “crazy socks.” He and his father, Mark X. Cronin, started the company as a social enterprise built on four pillars:
- Inspiration and Hope: We hire people with differing abilities, share videos to show what people can do, host school tours and school groups that come for work experience. We want the world to see what people with differing abilities can do.
- Giving Back: We donate 5 percent of our earnings to the Special Olympics and raise money through our Sock of the Month Club and charity and awareness socks for our charity partners like Autism Speaks, the Autism Society of America, the National Down Syndrome Society, and the Williams Syndrome Association. We have raised more than $375,000 for our charity partners.
- Fun Products You Can Love: We have over 2,000 different socks and masks plus a Sock of the Month Club, gift boxes and gift bags. And our selection is matched by our customer service: Most customers receive their socks within two days of ordering.
- Making It Personal: Every package gets a thank-you note from John and some candy.