Andrew is Living the Dream at John’s Crazy Socks
Andrew is the Lord of the Socks here at John’s Crazy Socks. Please do not call him Andy or Drew.
A few fun facts about Andrew:
- He played basketball in middle school and his coaches were John and Mark Cronin.
- He won a national tennis championship in 2014.
- He recently learned to drive a manual car.
- He is on a quest to become a pilot.
- He is a graduate of Huntington High School and St. Leo University in Florida.
- He is a fan of the Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, Boston Red Sox, and New England Patriots.
But what is a Lord of the Socks, you ask? Not only does Andrew oversee the warehouse, he also trains and manages a crew of 21 Sock Wranglers so they know how and when to pick socks. He heads the receiving, packing, and shipping of our sock orders. In addition, Andrew organized our move from Melville to Farmingdale, ensuring that shelving was built and inventory moved, with little interruption to business operations. In his next large assignment, he will be instrumental in rolling out our new wholesale line this October.
Andrew is a citizen of four different countries: Canada, Poland, Australia, and the United States. Canada is Andrew’s birthplace and home for his first five years. Australia is the home of his mother’s family and Poland, his father’s family. And the U.S. is where Andrew lives now.
When he is not at John’s Crazy Socks running the warehouse, Andrew is likely on another adventure. He has visited over 30 states in the U.S., including Alaska and Hawaii, and a slew of countries. The following locations were memorable:
- Morocco, for the desert and a visit to the Game of Thrones set
- Fiji, where he won a sandcastle competition
- Costa Rica, for its beaches
- Portugal, for its delicious food
- England, where the weather was great and he witnessed the London derby (Arsenal won!)
- Italy, where he and his brother Ben went on a gondola ride
He has also been to Mexico, Korea, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands (all of them). Some dream destinations are Peru and Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Up next: Andrew will be visiting Singapore and Australia this fall.
In these photos, Andrew is with Kenny and Gary, fishing in Belize and keeping cool in the Sahara Desert.