John loves great socks and our customers love great socks, so it is only natural that we work together to make great socks. Introducing the First Annual Sock Design Contest from John’s Crazy Socks where we invite our customers to design sock with us.
We invite our customers living in the United States to submit a design for their dream socks. Let your imaginations run wild. We will produce the winning design, sell those socks in our store and connect it to a charity of the winner’s choice to raise money for that charity.
You can do this! You need not be a graphic artist or professional sock designer, you only need to love socks and have a dream design for a pair of socks that you would love.
Here is what the winners receive:
- You receive sock fame: We make your socks and sell them in our online store.
- You receive one dozen of the socks with your design.
- You pick the charity that will receive 10 percent of sales from the socks you designed.
- You receive a $1,000 Visa gift card.
- $100 gift certificate to John’s Crazy Socks
- $50 gift certificate to John’s Crazy Socks
How to Enter
It is simple to enter.
- Go to our Sock Design Contest Web Page
- Fill out the contact information.
- Upload your design (Jpg, png or pdf format)
You must be at least 18 years old to enter and you can submit up to five designs (though you can only win one prize). The deadline is August 2, 2021.
How We Will Pick the Winner
There will be three phases to the selection process:
- Phase One: All employees at John’s Crazy Socks will review the submissions and vote. That process will narrow our list down to ten semi-finalists.
- Phase Two: We will ask customers to vote for their favorites via our social media sites. That process will narrow our list down to five finalists.
- Phase Three: Our selection committee, headed by John and his co-founder and Dad, will pick the winners.
Linking the Winning Sock Design to a Charity Partner
Gratitude is at the heart of all we do so we want to include the winning design in our Giving Back Program. We will connect the wining design to a charity partner and donate 10 percent from the sale of those socks to the charity partner.
The winner will help us select the charity.
What Are We Looking for in a Sock Design?
Take inspiration from the theme “Spreading Happiness through Socks.” Design socks that will make people feel happy when worn. Here are a few tips:
- Be bold. Have fun. Be creative.
- Think of designs full of joy.
- We are looking for originality.
- Think of socks you would love to wear.
Here are some more guidelines:
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- No employees or contractors with John’s Crazy Socks can enter.
- You should design a crew sock. We have provided a sock design template you can use at the contest page.
- Designs cannot include any copyrighted or trademarked images.
- Socks are a unique product to design. Design options to avoid include:
- Too many colors (more than 6) are hard to translate into a sock design.
- Shading colors or gradients do not show up well.
- Fine imagery is hard to make work.
If You Win, What Do We Ask of You?
- The first prize winner agrees to allow John’s Crazy Socks to use his or her design.
- Winners agree to provide a profile photo to John’s Crazy Socks for use in promoting this contest.
- The winners agree to allow their names, pictures, towns, and states to be used by John’s Crazy Socks.
- This winner information will be used in announcing the winners and promoting this contest.
Who Owns the Designs Submitted in the Sock Design Contest?
You do. The ownership of the designs remains with the designer and John’s Crazy Socks does not claim ownership of submitted designs. Here is what we do require:
- Submitting an entry gives John’s Crazy Socks the right to use the design.
- If your design is selected as the winner, you agree to give John’s Crazy Socks the right to use the design.
- The only compensation for the design is the prize awarded through the contest.
- If John’s Crazy Socks wishes to use the design of a non-winner, then we will contact that designer to seek their permission to use the design.
Why Only Designs from the U.S.?
We have customers all over the world and want to open the contest to people all over the world. For now, logistics, including shipping limitations, limit us to the U.S., but in future years, we hope to open the contest to our customers in other countries.
What are you waiting for? Submit your design now. You will be glad you did. Click here to get started.