Job Posting - Inventory Manager
We’re in the business of spreading happiness. To do that, we need to make sure that we have an accurate inventory so our customers can receive the socks they want. We have built a social enterprise with both a social and business mission. To make the social mission go, the business has to succeed. We seek an inventory manager who can help make the business succeed.
As our Inventory Manager, we will ask you to do the following:
- Place and track orders for socks and other items we sell
- Maintain a shipping and delivery schedule
- Prepare forecasts for our inventory needs
- Manage relationships with our suppliers
- Develop inventory management and control systems
- Work with our Warehouse Manager to maintain an accurate count of inventory
- As with any startup, there will be other responsibilities as we grow
We work in a collegial environment that is fast-paced, but not stressed out. We enjoy each other’s company. We work with meaning and purpose and share the happiness.
Here is what we offer:
- Work with meaning and purpose
- Positive work environment
- Competitive pay
- Benefits for full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401(k)
- Staff lunch every Friday
- Bagel Wednesday
- A personal learning budget
- A job you can enjoy and can make you feel proud
Here are the traits that people who succeed here demonstrate:
- Commit to the mission of delivering happiness
- Commit to excellence
- Never simply process, always look to do great work
- Learn, learn, and keep learning
- Work with the team as all of us are smarter than any one of us
- Believe in personal responsibility
- Look for ways to deliver happiness
- Have fun
Here are the requirements for the job:
- A four-year college degree is an absolute requirement
- Knowledge of basic statistics and forecasting abilities
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Excel
- Ability to write well
- Experience in forecasting or inventory management preferred
Our Hiring Process
- Submit a cover letter and resume via email. The cover letter should explain why you are interested in this job and working at our company. We will not consider applications that are missing a cover letter.
- We will invite semi-finalists for an interview and to meet our staff
- We will invite finalists for a final round of interviews.
- We will make an offer.
We want you to get to know us and how we work so you can determine if we are the right place for you.
Does this job sound right for you? Here is how to apply:
- Send a cover letter explaining why you want this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please do not call or walk in.)
- Attach a resume.
Thanks for considering John’s Crazy Socks.