Job Posting - Bookkeeper - Part time
Bookkeeper – Part-time
We’re in the business of spreading happiness. To do that, we need to make sure that our books are accurate, that we pay our suppliers promptly and that we have a clear understanding of our finances. We have built a social enterprise with both a social and business mission. To make the social mission go, the business has to succeed. We seek a bookkeeper who can help make the business succeed.
As our bookkeeper, we will ask you to do the following:
- Manage financial records using QuickBooks Online
- Calculate necessary journal entries for payment processors
- Reconcile all accounts monthly
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain orderly financial records
- Manage accounts payable
- Manage petty cash
- Manage expense reimbursement for staff
- Manage sales tax including remitting sales tax to state governments
- Track actual results with budgeted results
- Produce financial reports
- Produce standard financial reports
- Produce financial analysis
- Manage Payroll
- Submit payroll files to our payroll processor
- Add and delete staff from the payroll files
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Assist our external account and auditor as necessary
- As with any startup, there will be other responsibilities as we grow
We work in a collegial environment that is fast-paced, but not stressed out. We enjoy each other’s company. We work with meaning and purpose and share the happiness.
Here is what we offer:
- Work with meaning and purpose
- Positive work environment
- Competitive pay
- Benefits for full-time employees
- Staff lunch every Friday
- Bagel Wednesday
- A job you can enjoy and can make you feel proud
Here are the traits that people who succeed here demonstrate:
- Buy into the mission of delivering happiness
- Commit to excellence
- Never simply process, always look to do great work
- Learn, learn, and keep learning
- Work with the team as all of us are smarter than any one of us
- Believe in personal responsibility
- Look for ways to deliver happiness
- Have fun
Here are the requirements for the job:
- A four-year college degree is an absolute requirement
- Demonstrated ability to use QuickBooks online
- Experience in accounting or bookkeeping preferred
Our Hiring Process
- Submit a cover letter and resume via email. The cover letter should explain why you are interested in this job and working at our company. We will not consider applications that are missing a cover letter.
- We will invite semi-finalists for an interview and to meet our staff
- We will invite finalists for a final round of interviews.
- We will make an offer.
We want you to get to know us and how we work so you can determine if we are the right place for you.
Does this job sound right for you? Here is how to apply:
- Send a cover letter explaining why you want this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please do not call or walk in.)
- Attach a resume.
Thanks for considering John’s Crazy Socks.