We are hiring for seasonal positions. This assignment will start in late October and run up to Christmas. It may lead to a permanent job offer, but we cannot guarantee that there will be a permanent position available.
We’re in the business of spreading happiness. To do that, we need to fulfill orders for socks and ship them to our customers. We need to do it quickly and accurately. Our Sock Wranglers help make that happen.
As a Sock Wrangler, you will:
• Fill orders
• Assemble packages with packing materials and candy
• Add notes to packages
• Deliver happiness
• Assist in assembling packaging such as gift boxes and gift bags
• Assist in preparing socks for sale by adding heading cards or labels.
We work in a collegial environment that is fast-paced, but not stressed out. We enjoy each other’s company. We work with meaning and purpose and share the happiness.
You will work as part of a team. We have good people who enjoy working with each other in a collegial environment. It is a fast-paced work environment. We want to “WOW” our customers, and you will be a key part of that effort.
We are hiring for seasonal work though it could lead to an offer for full-time work. We have four-hour time slots and full-time time slots. We can be flexible on the number of days worked, though you must be able to work at least three days per week. During November and December, we operate Monday through Saturday.
Here is what we offer:
• Work with meaning and purpose
• Positive work environmet
• Competitive pay (starting pay is $11.50/hour with a raise to $12.00/hour after two weeks)
• Benefits for full-time employees
• Staff lunch every Friday
• Bagel Wednesday
• A job you can enjoy and can make you feel proud
Here are the traits that people who succeed here demonstrate:
• Buy into the mission of delivering happiness
• Commit to excellence
• Must have High School Diploma
• Never simply process, always look to do great work
• Learn, learn, and keep learning
• Work with the team as all of us are smarter than any one of us
• Believe in personal responsibility
• Look for ways to deliver happiness
• Have fun
Our Hiring Process
1. Submit a cover letter and resume via email.
2. Come for an interview
3. Shadow a current Sock Wrangler to learn the job
4. Pass the Sock Wrangler test: pick 5 orders in 30 minutes or less and be 100 percent accurate
You can take as long as you like to prepare for the test. We want you to pass the test. However, we will not pay you until you pass the test.
Does this job sound right for you? Here is how to apply:
1. Send a cover letter explaining why you want this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please do not call or walk in.)
2. Attach a resume.
3. Tell us if you want a part-time slot (four hours) or full-time slot (8 hours) or if you can accept either job.
4. Please tell us the week days you are available to work.
Thanks for considering John’s Crazy Socks.