Happiness Creator (seasonal)
We are hiring for seasonal positions. This assignment will start in late October and run up to Christmas. It may lead to a permanent job offer, but we cannot guarantee that there will be a permanent position available.
We’re in the business of spreading happiness. To do that, we want to be responsive to our customers. We love our customers and want them to be happy not only with our socks, but our service too. Our Happiness Creators work directly with our customers to make them happy.
The Happiness Creators perform their magic in two ways. The first is responding to customer inquiries and requests. Customers contact us in many ways: email, tweets, messages, online posts, calls, even the occasional letter. Our Happiness Creators need to think fast and creatively to address customers’ needs. The charge: make the customer happy.
The second responsibility is to identify patterns in in our customer communications that create opportunities to create new products or services or to alter our current products or services. This could range from adding to our FAQ or creating gift boxes or sending a special thank you package to a particularly great customer.
Our Happiness Creators hold a special place in our organization and work with every aspect of our operations: fulfillment, marketing and site developers. We are a new and rapidly growing organization. We work in a collegial environment that is fast-paced, but not stressed out. We enjoy each other’s company. We work with meaning and purpose and share the happiness.
As a Happiness Customer, you will:
• Respond to customer inquiries that arrive via phone, email, tweets, messages, online posts, calls even the occasional letter.
• Anticipate customer needs and devise products and programs to meet them
• Deliver WOWs to our customers, ways to make them happy that stand out
• Help identify new products and services to make customers happy
• Work with our fulfilment, marketing and content management teams to improve our services
Your days will vary. You will monitor Facebook messages, answer phone calls, plan new initiatives, and generally work on ways we can meet the immediate needs of our customers and find ways to better serve them in the future. We do not operate a traditional call center. You will work in an open plan with other members of the John’s Crazy Socks Team.
Here is what we offer:
• Work with meaning and purpose
• Positive work environment
• Competitive pay
• Staff lunch every Friday
• Bagel Wednesday
• A job you can enjoy and can make you feel proud
Here are the traits that people who succeed here demonstrate:
• Buy into the mission of delivering happiness through socks
• Commit to excellence
• Never simply process, always look to do great work
• Learn, learn, and keep learning
• Work with the team as all of us are smarter than any one of us
• Believe in personal responsibility
• Look for ways to deliver WOWs
• Have fun
• Enthusiasm for the mission and job
• Must have High School Diploma
• Basic computer skills
• Good problem-solving abilities
• Ability to write well. This is very important.
• Familiarity with social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Good phone manner: if we’re spreading happiness, we should do that in the way we speak to customers on the phone
• Ability to work hard
Did this job sound right for you? Here is how to apply: Send a resume and a cover letter explaining why you want this job to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Do not call or walk in.)